I. Categories of Personal Data We Collect
For the purpose of the research, development, manufacture and sales of products, and other business activities, we collect the following personal data.
• Contact data to communicate with you
— For example, your name, job title, age, username, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, company information and registration information you provide on our website.
• Relationship data that helps us to do business with you
— For example, the types of products and service (hereinafter referred to as “products”) that you may be interested in, contact and products preferences, languages, creditworthiness, marketing preferences and demographic data.
— Some pages on this website use technology called “Cookies” to provide you for greater convenience of your usage. You can make your browser reject Cookies. However, in this case you may not apply to use some of the services on this web site.
II. Purposes of Processing
We process personal data for the following purposes.
We collect personal data of our customers and business partners for:
- a. supplying or maintenance of products that we or our affiliated companies provide;
- b. planning, researching and developing, and improving quality of the products;
- c. providing information regarding the sales, use, or other items concerning products;
- d. managing contracts concerning provision of products and other business activities; and
- e. contacting and responding to your questions about us and our products.
III. Legal Basis for Processing
We process personal data when we obtain your consent or at least one of the following case applies:
- i. processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- ii. processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (e.g., when following the information disclosure orders based upon laws and regulations announced by government agencies);
- iii. processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another individual;
- iv. processing is necessary for the performance of investigating, preventing, and taking measures against obvious or suspected illegal acts are considered to be appropriate; or
- v. processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
IV. Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and the withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing or transferring based on consent before its withdrawal. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact our inquiry desk
V. Statutory or Contractual Requirement, or a Requirement Necessary to Enter into a Contract
When providing personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, we inform you and process personal data.
(More details should be provided at the time when requesting for filling out such data.)
VI. Legitimate Interests
We process personal data for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- • where processing enable us to improve products;
- • where processing enable us to make new products;
VII. Recipients of Personal Data
For the purpose of the research, development, manufacture and sales of products, and other business activities, we make personal data available to the following organizations:
• Third Parties
— We use third parties to provide or perform services and functions on our behalf. We make personal data available to these third parties, to perform the services and function, however, processing of personal data is on our instructions and compatible with original purposes.
• Affiliated Companies
— We transfer and share personal data to our affiliated companies in compliance with applicable law.
VIII. Transfer to Non-EEA Countries
Personal data is stored in the servers installed in the country or region of our company or the organization that personal data is transferred to. Some of the regions or countries do not receive adequacy decision by the European Commission, however, we ensure to protect personal data appropriately.
IX. Retention, Erasure, and Disposal
After we achieve the purpose for which personal data was collected, we erase or dispose it appropriately, or anonymize it so that it can no longer identify an individual, based on our rules for processing personal data.
X. Automated Decision-Making, including Profiling
We do not conduct automated decision-making, including profiling.
XI. Your Rights
You have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data.
- i. Right to access to your personal data and related information
- ii. Right to rectification of your inaccurate personal data without undue delay
- iii. Right to erasure of your inaccurate personal data without undue delay
- iv. Right to restriction of processing your personal data
- v. Right to data portability
- vi. Right to object
- vii. Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling
XII. When You Wish to Exercise Your Rights
If you wish to exercise your rights, contact our inquiry desk below by email, or contact us through the inquiry form (Request Form).
If you are dissatisfied with the processing of personal data, you can lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority, in particular in the EEA member states of your habitual residence, place of work, or place where infringement occurs.
XIII. Inquiry Desk
Corporate Administration Department, Legal intellectual property group, Manager (in charge of Personal Information Protection),
Kyowa Hakko Bio Co., Ltd.
Otemachi Financial City Grand Cube, 1-9-2, Otemachi,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0004